The hard part is recognising you’re stuck in a rut. The harder part is deciding what to do about it, what changes you want to make. You don’t want to make changes?
Okay, it’s your rut and you’re happy in it. You’ve got it decorated how you want and the furniture’s comfy. Why should you want to make changes?
Your rut satisfied you, but not now.
What are you going to do about it?
Now’s the time to ask yourself some questions:
- Who, besides you, will be affected by these changes? Spouse/significant other, kids, parents, work mates, friends.
- Will your income fall? Possibly, a little. You’ll make sure there’s something in place to cover any shortfall.
- Will you have to move house? No.
- What changes will you make? Which markets I target, moving from selling individual designs to packs of designs and books of designs for specific markets, focus more on the health benefits of colouring and designing patterns, sell on different platforms/marketplaces.
If you’re unsure, test. If you’re sure, test anyway.
Try different things, different marketplaces, different markets, different packages.
Change your ideal customer to:
- SME in your target markets wanting to try something different
- SME who wants their own range of colouring books
- SME in your target markets and related markets.
Test and find out.
Find out what businesses are in the related markets and add them to your testing list.
Are you ready to climb out of your rut?
The Coloring Coach.
Yes, changes are afoot with the website. It hasn’t been working for a while so I’m making some changes.
I’ve learned new skills and have been practising new designs.
The individual designs have been removed and pages will be rewritten, along with the About page.
I’m still passionate about showing others how to create their own adult colouring books for as little cost as possible, so the tips will stay.
Other changes to be tested and decided later.
Back to you, what changes are you going to make to escape your rut?
Let us know in the comments.
Til next time